Redis Labs’ products and services enable running Memcached buckets in a highly available and auto-scalable manner, with predictable top performance.
Redise Pack lets you install an enterprise grade Memcached cluster in your environment of choice, whether an on-premises data-center or your preferred cloud platform. It gives you full control of your data and configuration – no clustering or sharding knowledge required!
Memcached Cloud is a fully managed cloud service for hosting and running Memcached datasets in a highly available and scalable manner, with predictable and stable top performance. It provides a storage engine for standard Memcached, as well as in-memory replication and instant auto-failover within the same data center or across data centers. The service completely frees developers from dealing with nodes, clusters, scaling, data persistence issues or failure recovery.
Using Memcached with WordPress
To use Memcached as a cache for your WordPress installation, follow these steps as described in the documentation of the Memcached Cloud plugin for WordPress:
- Make sure that your Drupal server is installed with the libmemcached and the PECL memcached extension.
- Copy the file
object-cache.phpfrom the Memcached Cloud plugin for WordPress .ZIP file to
wp-content/object-cache.phpof your WordPress installation.
- Add the following definitions to your WordPress’ installation
global $memcached_servers; $memcached_servers = array( array( 'hostname', port ) ); global $memcached_username; $memcached_username = 'username'; global $memcached_password; $memcached_password = 'password';
- In line 3, the first argument should be your bucket’s hostname or IP address
- In line 3, the second argument should be your bucket’s port
- In line 5, the value should be your bucket’s username
- In line 7, the value should be your bucket’s password
For more information on using Redis Labs’ products and services with WordPress please see the Howto page.