I’m delighted to announce the official beta launch of our Redis Cloud service on IBM’s BlueMix. Big Blue’s BlueMix is an implementation of IBM’s Open Cloud Architecture, which leverages Cloud Foundry to enable developers to rapidly build, deploy, and manage their cloud applications, while tapping a growing ecosystem of available services and runtime frameworks.
As the leading managed Redis service available, it is only natural that we’d offer our Redis Cloud service on this new and exciting platform. Our beta offer consists of a free 1GB subscription for Redis Cloud off IBM’s SoftLayer. To start using it immediately, follow these steps:
- Log in (or sign up) to IBM BlueMix at www.bluemix.net.
- From your BlueMix Dashboard, click the + Connect an Add-On link in the left-side menu.
- In the catalog, scroll down to the Redis Cloud add-on and click it (make sure you’ve enabled 3rd Party add-ons at the top of the page).
- Click the Create and Add to App button to continue.
- When the Create Redis Cloud window opens:
- Select the Space in which the application is located.
- Select the app, create a new app or leave the add-on unbound.
- Give your Redis Cloud add-on a name.
This is all you need to do to start using Redis Cloud with your BlueMix application. For more information on how to use Redis Cloud with your app, please refer to our documentation. Questions? Feedback? Email or tweet me – I’m highly available 🙂