Quick Start Tutorial with Redis Enterprise Software for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
Redis Enterprise for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) exposes its service plans on the Marketplace. Developers can provision highly available and scalable Redis databases by creating instances of the service plans using Apps Manager or the Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI).
Step 1 – Import the Redis Enterprise Software Tile
You will need to import the Redis Enterprise Software .pivotal file into your Pivotal Cloud Foundry environment to get started.
- Download the .pivotal file for Redis Enterprise Software.
- Navigate to your Ops Manager URL and click on Import a Product button and select the downloaded .pivotal file for Redis Enterprise Software
Step 2 – Configure Redis Enterprise Software
- Click the newly imported tile.
- Navigate to the Assign AZs and Network section on the right navigation bar. Select the network for the cluster to use. In my environment that is pcf-ert-network.
- From the Settings tab, click Cluster Configuration and complete the following fields and then click Save:
- Cluster Name: Provide a sub-domain for the cluster name. The cluster name is a sub-domain under the System Domain which is found under the Pivotal Elastic Runtime in Ops Manager. This is the connection string for Redis applications will use to connect to Redis databases on Redis Enterprise Software.
- Admin Email: Provide an email address for the administrative user who will have full administrative privileges to the new Redis Enterprise Software cluster.
- Admin account password: Provide the password for the administrative account.
- and enabled Multiple Availability Zone (Rack) awareness.
- Static IPs: You may provide a set of static IPs addresses to use for cluster nodes or let the tile choose them for you from the previously selected PCF network.
- Service Plans You could add a new plan you want to offer it in Apps Manager, but for the moment, click the Save button.
- Syslog Check Disabled for now as we do not want to utilize this functionality for this quick start.
- Stemcell Upload the proper stemcell requested on the page.
Step 3 – Deploy the Redis Enterprise Software Cluster
- Once the tile configuration is done, you can save the changes and click the Apply changes to deploy the cluster.
- You can switch into the tile and to the Status tab to view the state of the cluster nodes under the jobs named redis-pack-node and redis-pack-service-broker.
Step 4 – Apps Manager Service Deployment
With the Ops Manager side complete, we turn our attention to deploying a service in PCF Apps Manager.
- Click on Add A Service
- Select Redis Enterprise from the choices of Services
- Select a plan from the list for the proper sized cluster for Redis Enterprise and then click the Select Plan button.
- Type in the name of the service as Instance Name. Click the Create button.
You now have a Redis database on Redis Enterprise Software!