Importing Data into Redis Enterprise
You can import data into a Redis Enterprise Software database from an HTTP location, FTP server, Amazon S3, or OpenStack Object Storage (“Swift”).
You can either import from a single file, or from multiple files in case you are importing from a backup of a sharded database. For additional details, refer to the Backup of a sharded database section in Database backup.
To import data into a database:
- Click the relevant database row in the Databases page. The selected database page appears.
- Read and understand the warning.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Click Import at the bottom of the page.
- A warning appears, informing you that importing a dataset into the database will erase all existing database content. Click Continue.
- In the popup that appears, select the location type and populate the relevant fields. The RDB file path / object name should have an RDB format or a compressed RDB format file. To import from multiple files, enter each file path in a new line.
- You can also choose whether or not you would like to receive email notifications with regard to the import process.
- Click Import.
To import from FTP, you must ensure permissions to read from the FTP location.
If needed, you can specify the username and password for the FTP location as part of the path with the following structure: ftp://user:password@host:port/path/
Amazon S3 or OpenStack Swift location
To import a database to Amazon S3 or OpenStack Swift, you need to simply select the location type and enter the details in the relevant fields. Ensure first that you have all these details from your platform.
Below is an example of the screen to import from AWS S3.