Exporting Data from Redis Enterprise
Using the Export option, you can back up a database at any time to an FTP server, Amazon S3, or OpenStack Object Storage (“Swift”). Other cloud storage options, such as Azure Geo-Redundant Storage, SoftLayer Object Storage, and Google Cloud Storage will be added in a future release. You cannot back up to the local machine.
To perform a database export:
- Click the relevant database row in the Databases page. The selected database page appears.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Click Export button at the bottom of the page.
- In the popup that appears, choose the location type and populate the relevant fields
- You can also choose whether or not you would like to receive email notifications with regard to the export process
- Click Export.
To export to FTP, you must ensure permissions to read and write to the FTP location. If needed, you can specify the username and password for the FTP location as part of the path with
the following structure: ftp://user:password@host:port/path/
Amazon S3 or OpenStack Swift location
To export to Amazon S3 or OpenStack Swift, you only need to select the location type and enter the details in relevant fields. Ensure first that you have all these details from your platform.
For example, here is the data necessary to export to AWS S3.