CLOUDERA, DATASTAX, MIRANTIS AND ELASTIC SEARCH TO ALSO JOIN OPEN SOURCE DISCUSSION
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 25, 2016 at 4:58 a.m. ET
Redis Labs, the home of Redis, today announced that Redis Labs’ GM North America, Jason Forget, will be speaking on a panel with big data and open source leaders at the Structure Data 2016 Conference in San Francisco. The panel discussion titled, “Open Source: Show Me The Money!” will be held on Wednesday, March 9 at 3:45 p.m. PT.
At Structure Data 2016, Forget will be joined by Billy Bosworth, CEO for DataStax, Aaron Katz, SVP Worldwide Field Operations for Elastic and Alex Freedland, CEO for Mirantis. Moderated by Max Schireson, executive in residence at Battery Ventures and former CEO of MongoDB, the panel will discuss how they’ve successfully monetized an open source model while simultaneously building robust open source communities.
More information about the panel can be found below:
- Structure Data: “Open Source: Show Me the Money”
- Who: Jason Forget, GM of North America, Redis Labs; Max Schireson, Exective in Residence, Battery Ventures; Billy Bosworth, CEO, DataStax; Aaron Katz, SVP Worldwide Field Operation, Elastic; Alex Freedland, CEO, Mirantis
- Topic: Open source software is a brilliant delivery model to drive user adoption. But is it possible to actually make money from free software? During this panel, key leaders from big-data and open source companies will discuss how they’ve successfully monetized an open source model—while simultaneously building robust communities. Executives from Redis Labs, DataStax, Elastic and Mirantis will also discuss the merits of different licensing strategies and service models, as well as share advice for building the right sales team and other key tactics for getting the open source model right.
- When: Wednesday, March 9 at 3:45 p.m.
- Where: Mission Bay Conference Center, San Francisco, CA 94158
- For more info: http://www.structuredata.com/