New high-performance drivers deliver out-of-the-box Redis and Redis Enterprise connectivity to leading BI, ETL, Analytics, and Reporting tools.
Chapel Hill, NC. November 1st, 2017
CData Software (www.cdata.com), a leading provider of standards-based drivers and data access solutions for real-time data integration today announced the availability of new ODBC, JDBC, and ADO.NET drivers for Redis, the widely adopted open source high-performance in-memory data store used as a database, cache or message broker. The result of a collaboration between CData Software and Redis Labs, the new Redis drivers offer seamless connectivity to any data structure stored in Redis open source and Redis Enterprise through industry standard driver interfaces.
Redis Labs is the home of open source Redis and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise, the world’s most popular in-memory database platform for transactional, analytics and hybrid deployments. The high performance, true high availability, enhanced security and seamless scaling of Redis Enterprise enhance popular Redis use cases including high-speed transactions, job & queue management, user session stores, real-time data ingest, notifications, content caching and time-series data. Redis Enterprise is offered as a fully managed service in public clouds, in customer’s virtual private clouds, and as downloadable software.
“Customers are leveraging the incredible data access speeds of Redis to build the next generation of data-driven applications,” said Amit Sharma, CEO at CData Software. “As one of the top in-memory datastores in use worldwide, applications are utilizing Redis for more than just caching. Our new drivers bridge the gap between data stored on Redis and BI, ETL, and Reporting solutions.“
The new CData drivers for Redis open source and Redis Enterprise deliver several key innovations:
● Standards-based Connectivity: The CData Drivers are universally accessible offering certified compatibility with the latest BI, ETL, and Reporting solutions including Tableau, Power BI, QlikView, MicroStrategy, Microsoft Excel, Informatica, SQL SSIS, & more.
● ANSI-92 SQL Support: The CData Drivers support a rich ANSI-92 SQL syntax across all drivers, deeply nested queries, and an extensive set of SQL filters and formulas.
● Full CRUD: The CData Drivers support full Create, Read, Update, and Delete capabilities.
“Through this exciting new partnership with CData, our customers get access to seamless, high performance, scalable and secure integrations with leading BI solutions such as Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI and Excel.” said Rod Hamlin, VP of Global Alliances and Strategic Partnerships at Redis Labs. “We evaluated several solutions, and ultimately CData’s complementary performance characteristics, rich query engine, and innovative design features made them an obvious choice for us to partner up.”
The CData Redis Drivers are currently available in the following form factors:
● ODBC: Unicode-enabled 32/64-bit ODBC 3.8 compliant Driver for Windows, Mac, & Linux.
● JDBC: Pure Java Type 4/5 JDBC Drivers with JDBC 3.0 and JDBC 4.0 support.
● ADO.NET: 100% fully managed ADO.NET libraries with support for Entity Framework (EF 5 & 6), ADO.NET 2.0, LINQ to Datasets.
In addition, CData has also released a series of platform and application adapters for Redis, including SQL SSIS Components, BizTalk Adapters, Xamarin Data Providers, PowerShell Cmdlets, Excel Add-Ins, and more. A complete listing of CData Drivers and adapters available for Redis can be found online at http://www.cdata.com/drivers/redis/.
For more information about any of the CData Software products, visit www.cdata.com. Fully functional, 30-day trial versions of the new Redis Drivers are available for download from the company website at http://www.cdata.com/drivers/redis/download/.