Customers rely on instant access to everyday digital services. As a result, enterprises need to quickly deliver innovative applications and provide the real-time digital experiences their customers have come to expect. To overcome these challenges, more and more organizations are leveraging cloud-native multi-model databases that can support a variety of application use cases, while performing at sub-millisecond response time in a highly reliable and scalable manner.
The Google Cloud Platform (GCP) provides trusted cloud services for real-time applications to run smoothly and reliably in hybrid and cloud-based architectures. GCP makes it easy for customers of all sizes to build, deploy and manage modern applications in the cloud without sacrificing visibility or control over your infrastructure. GCP enables developers with innovative, open source tools and frameworks that accelerate agile application development and streamline delivery of updated features.
Google Cloud and Redis Labs have partnered to deliver Redis Enterprise on GCP, extending open source Redis with advanced enterprise capabilities. This joint solution simplifies the development and deployment of modern real-time applications, including e-commerce, mobile, social, personalization, IoT, fraud detection and many more. Together, GCP and Redis Labs help developers and IT personnel simplify the complexities of infrastructure operations and safeguard their applications.
Build Great Apps and Microservices
Developers want to focus on building innovative application features, unhindered by infrastructure complexity. Redis Enterprise supports multiple data models — graph, search, key value, document, etc—each running as a dedicated process and in a non-blocking manner with predictable high performance. Application development is faster with pre-built Redis data structures such as streams, strings, hashes, lists, sets, sorted sets and more. With multifaceted capabilities like search, object storage, bitfields, publish/subscribe, geospatial indexing, and support for over 150 clients, Redis Enterprise is utilized across a variety of use cases, including user session stores, high-speed transactions, caching, messaging, real-time analytics, fast data ingest, job & queue management and many more.
- Minimize latency by utilizing multiple dedicated databases in a single cluster, each running as a dedicated process and in a non-blocking manner
- Predictable high performance at linear scale, delivering millions of ops/sec at sub-millisecond latencies
- Enhanced security with built-in TLS/SSL encryption for data in transit, to defend against attacks, vulnerabilities and malicious activity
- Speed up development using any of Redis’ 150 clients in over 50 programming languages and versatile data structures: strings, bitmaps, bit field, hashes, lists, sets, sorted sets, geospatial indexes, hyperloglog, and streams
- Collect large volumes of data with Redis Streams for data ingest, processing and distribution
- Extend the capabilities of Redis with your own custom modules and built-in Redis Enterprise modules such as RediSearch, RedisGraph, ReJSON, Redis-ML and ReBloom
Overcome the Toughest Outage Scenarios with Built-in High Availability
More and more cloud applications are being used for critical data that must remain highly available. Considering that the average Redis instance handles 100,000 operations per second, even one minute of downtime can bring an entire system to its knees.
Redis Enterprise was built from the ground up to safeguard your application with full resilience against every type of failure scenario, including process failure, node failure, complete data center outage or a network split event.
Dependable high availability:
- Fully automated Redis Enterprise database operations on Google Cloud Platform
- Enterprise-ready database with automated zero-downtime scaling and no interruptions to your application
- Active-Active geographic distribution with Conflict Free Replicated Data-types (CRDTs) delivers strong eventual consistency, local latency and global availability with reads/writes in multiple regions to the same dataset
- Cross-data center/region/cloud in-memory replication and policy-driven persistence
- Full resilience with instant failure detection and failover, backups (including to Google Cloud Storage), and disaster recovery
- Create resilient multi-region, multi-cloud or hybrid architectures
Google Cloud and Redis Labs Drive Customer Success
“Redis Enterprise makes it possible to process a large amount of data generated by connected edge devices while adhering to low-latency requirements from millions of sensors every day. With its versatile support for many data structures, Redis Enterprise is perfectly suited to live in our edge devices, providing ultimate flexibility to our developers.”
“We have architected things to be very efficient, but Redis Enterprise Cloud surprised us with how effortlessly efficient it can be.”
Multiple Delivery Models
Redis Enterprise on GCP is available as a fully managed Database-as-a-Service, either hosted or in customers’ virtual private clouds (VPCs), and as downloadable software. This solution is backed by 24×7 enterprise support from the company that develops and maintains Redis. Redis Labs brings unique expertise in managing and scaling 600K+ production Redis databases worldwide.
Deployment capabilities include:
- Multi-region, multi-cloud, on-premises or hybrid (on-premises and cloud) deployments
- For large datasets, Redis on Flash (RoF) enables you to extend Redis databases to Flash SSDs for delivering RAM-like latency and performance while substantially reducing infrastructure costs
- Built-in Kubernetes integration simplifies operations in containerized environments with automatic service discovery, high availability, and rolling upgrades with zero data loss
Caching Application Data
About Google Cloud Platform
Google Cloud is widely recognized as a global leader in delivering a secure, open, intelligent and transformative enterprise cloud platform. Our technology is built on Google’s private network and is the product of nearly 20 years of innovation in security, network architecture, collaboration, artificial intelligence and open source software. We offer a simply engineered set of tools and unparalleled technology across Google Cloud Platform and G Suite that help bring people, insights and ideas together. Customers across more than 150 countries trust Google Cloud to modernize their computing environment for today’s digital world.