Using Memcached with Joomla
To use Memcached as a cache for your Joomla site follow these steps:
- Make sure that your Joomla server is installed with the libmemcached and the PECL memcached extension.
- Log into Joomla’s administration console and navigate to the Site -> Global Configuration -> System tab
- Under Cache Settings, set the following:
- Cache: On-Progressive
- Handler: Memcache
- Server: the hostname of your bucket
- Server port: the port number of your bucket
- Click Save
Redis Enterprise enables running Memcached buckets in a highly available and auto-scalable manner, with predictable top performance.
Redis Enterprise Software lets you install an enterprise grade Memcached cluster in your environment of choice, whether an on-premises data-center or your preferred cloud platform. It gives you full control of your data and configuration – no clustering or sharding knowledge required!
Memcached Cloud is a fully managed cloud service for hosting and running Memcached datasets in a highly available and scalable manner, with predictable and stable top performance. It provides a storage engine for standard Memcached, as well as in-memory replication and instant auto-failover within the same data center or across data centers. The service completely frees developers from dealing with nodes, clusters, scaling, data persistence issues or failure recovery.
For more information on using Redis Labs’ products and services with Joomla please see the Howto page.