Redis CRDTs use bidirectional replication between Redis databases distributed across multiple data centers to remote geographies. Easy to implement, application developers can simply continue coding their applications against well-known Redis data types and commands. Redis CRDTs do all the heavy lifting by intelligently resolving conflicts in accordance with the data types and commands used by the applications.
The CRDT based architecture offers unprecedented advantages to your active-active database platform when compared to other techniques such as LWW (last writer wins), quorum based replication, synchronized active-active, and others. With CRDT, Redis Enterprise delivers:
- Guaranteed local latencies for both read and write operations, utilizing consensus free protocols to maintain consistency
- Strong eventual consistency delivers converging consistent views of the data, effortlessly
- Built-in conflict resolution for simple and complex data types that simplifies app development and global deployment
- Streamlined implementation of modern application scenarios such as distributed session management, distributed counters, multi-user metering, and many more
- Safer cross-geo failover, with automatic, intelligent sync between active databases that avoids incorrect overwrites and loss of state
Explore Redis Enterprise’s CRDT based architecture in detail