Glide.me Leverages Redis Cloud to Scale Their 200GB In-Memory DatabaseDownload the full case study
Glide is the world's first mobile video instant messenger. Utilizing a massive real-time network, Glide users are able to send text and video messages via live stream, whilst granting recipients the flexibility to read or watch the messages in real-time or at a later convenience.
- Manage persistent storage in order to effectively generate real-time reminders and push notifications
- Generate aggregated analytics in real-time, to support admin performance reports of the system
- Limited storage capacity when dealing with unexpected data volume growth due to bugs in the system
- Generate efficient database operations with Redis Labs’ platform, enabling Glide to store and share information in near real-time
- Increment server activity to a Redis counter so as to not strain the backend database and avoid the creation of excess write requests
- Separate any uncontrolled data growth in a separate database in order to address any faulty application logic
- RedisLabs’ automatic scaling to overcome any Redis scalability limitations
- Above par Redis performance
- Less strain on the backend due to efficient Redis incrementation
- Plenty of room for future growth
- Peace of mind with Redis functions, allowing efforts to remain on business maintenance and growth
Redis Labs is the open source home and commercial provider of Redis, a database benchmarked as the world’s fastest. Gartner has named the company as a Leader in it's 2015 ODBMS Magic Quadrant. Redis Labs' software and service solutions power cutting edge applications with blazing fast enterprise-class Redis and are trusted by thousands of customers for high performance, seamless scalability, true high availability and best-in-class expertise. Redis is ranked the #1 NoSQL (and #2 database) in User Satisfaction and Market Presence by G2 Crowd, the top database technology on Docker by Datadog, the most popular NoSQL database in containers by DevOps.com and ClusterHQ, the #1 NoSQL among Top 10 Data Stores by Stackshare and both the fastest growing database since January 2013 and one of the top three NoSQL databases by DB-engines.
Interact with Redis
Enter your Redis commands,
see how fast it responds!