IT Help Desk Specialist- Austin, TX
We are looking for an IT Help Desk Specialist to provide internal support to employees.
You should have a mix of technical and customer service skills and be passionate about technology and helping people. You will be responsible for resolving support tickets; networking; peripherals; managing the upkeep and deployment of all hardware and software.
Our ideal candidate is a hands on professional with a get it done attitude who can keep up with a fast paced growing company. You have patience and value listening to understand your customer’s needs. You not only have a strong understanding of today’s IT standards but are always learning and keeping up with the standards of tomorrow.
If you are passionate about technology, have a desire to provide IT support and grow in a rapidly expanding company, then this is the right position for you.
We’re Redis Labs, the home of the open source Redis database platform and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in NoSQL, in-memory databases with more than 7,400 enterprise customers around the world, we’re growing fast—we’ve raised more than $146 million in funding and are growing our staff across our offices in Mountain View, Calif.; London; Tel Aviv; and Austin, Texas. In the past year alone, Redis Labs has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 EMEA, earned a spot on Dun & Bradstreet’s 10 Best Startups to Work for in Israel, and been ranked one of the healthiest employers in the Bay Area.
- Provide employees with first-level contact and support, including file backup, user account management, email system, Internet access, office systems, application support and peripherals.
- Provide support for network and desktop hardware (Lenovo, Apple, Access Points, linux etc.), software and applications.
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services while ensuring proper recording, documentation and closure of support tickets.
- Manage asset procurement, inventory, SAAS users and software licenses.
- Be a self-starter and learner that can work independently.
- Integrate 3rd party systems and applications.
- One or more years of experience in a similar role at a small-to-medium-sized company or related degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows and MAC operating systems
- Demonstrated ability to administer an 80+ node network (including wireless)
- Demonstrated ability to support peripherals such as networked printers
- Familiarity with corporate antivirus solutions
- Familiarity with Google G Suite
- Familiar with Mobile Device Management
- Prior experience with Azure Active Directory and SSO (huge plus!)
- Inventory management of SAAS and local software
- Degree and/or certificates in the field
- Deep understanding of conferencing equipment
- Ability to work independently
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Redis Labs will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. Please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Location: Austin, TX