Technical Support Engineer – Mountain View, CA
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Customer Support team in our Mountain View, CA office.
As a member of the Redis Labs Global Customer Support team, you will be responsible for helping global customers diagnose and resolve complex technical issues. You will be serving as the customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and for problem reproduction and escalation.
Our ideal candidate has great interpersonal skills, as the role requires you to maintain close relationships with customers, fellow team members, DevOps teams, R&D teams and sales teams.
If you are excited to serve as the subject matter expert to a growing customer base, while continuing to grow and expand your knowledge, then this is the right challenge for you.
- Work with global customers to troubleshoot and resolve complex software issues, replicating customer environments and network problems as needed.
- Document issues and collaborate with Engineering (if needed) to provide solutions.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance during testing and deployment of Redis Labs software.
- Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, Sales and Engineering.
- Participate in new product development, customer training and other support-related activities.
- Help customers realize and maximize the value of their Redis Labs subscriptions.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 3+ years in technical support or customer success within software environment
- Strong background in Linux/Unix and TCP/IP
- A strong technical background with excellent problem solving and multitasking skills
- A proficiency in communication and presentation, both written and verbal (in English)
- High availability and commitment to customers at any time
- M.Sc. in Computer Science / Information systems
- Programming skills
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
We have been named “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Mountain View, CA