Technical Writer – Mountain View, CA
We are looking for a technical writer to join our Education team in the Bay Area.
As a technical writer, you’ll help produce the public, customer-facing documentation for our products, including Redis Enterprise, Redis Cloud, and the Redis modules.
The successful candidate is capable of developing a deep understanding of Redis Labs’ products; can synthesize and organize complex, technical information; empathize with the end user; and practice the art of good prose style.
This is an opportunity to join a growing team and to make a big impact on the company. If you’re an empathetic and meticulous writer with a passion for database technology, please send us a note!
We prefer candidates to be on-site at our Mountain View office. However, strong candidates with relevant technical backgrounds will be considered for remote work.
- Collaborate with Product and R&D to create and update documentation on upcoming product releases.
- Continuously refine technical product documentation, and write for an audience of database administrators, data engineers, software developers, and software architects.
- Serve as an administrator for the relevant documentation platforms.
- Degree in Technical Writing, Computer Science, English, or other relevant field
- 3+ years experience writing technical documentation OR 3+ years software engineering experience plus demonstrated skill and experience in technical writing (for example, you’ve written a book, published technical tutorials, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- Experience documenting enterprise or open-source software. If you’re familiar with databases and distributed systems, and with how these systems are typically deployed both on-premises and in the cloud, all the better
- Knowledge of databases (RDBMS, NoSQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with distributed systems and cloud computing
- Published examples of documentation you’ve personally written
- Experience with documentation systems and workflows; examples might include WordPress, Hugo, Jekyll, or Sphinx
We have been named “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Mountain View, CA