Technical Support Engineer L1
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer L1 to join our Customer Support team.
As a member of the Support team, you will be responsible for providing dependable and timely resolution for complex issues related to products offered by our customer. As a technical expert, you are expected to act as a point of contact for challenging support cases. You will need to become an expert for products offered by our customer and ensure the quality of service and SLA compliance.
Our ideal candidate has great interpersonal skills, as the role requires you to maintain close relationships with customers, fellow team members, DevOps teams, R&D teams and product teams.
If you are excited to serve as the subject matter expert to a growing customer base, while continuing to grow and expand your knowledge, then this is the right challenge for you.
**Employment through 3rd party vendor, Vigan Technologies**
We’re Redis Labs, the home of the open source Redis database platform and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in NoSQL, in-memory databases with more than 7,400 enterprise customers around the world, we’re growing fast—we’ve raised more than $146 million in funding and are growing our staff across our offices in Mountain View, Calif.; London; Tel Aviv; and Austin, Texas. In the past year alone, Redis Labs has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 EMEA, earned a spot on Dun & Bradstreet’s 10 Best Startups to Work for in Israel, and been ranked one of the healthiest employers in the Bay Area.
• Analyze the customer issue depending on product type (Cloud, OnPremise) and provide accurate resolution.
• Work with PaaS providers like Heroku, IBM, Pivotal, Docker, etc. to help resolve the customer issues for our Cloud products which are delivered through these PaaS providers.
• Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root cause of a problem
• Resolve issues related to installation and maintenance for OnPremise product
• Research and identify solutions to issues like latency, commands usage, etc. for all types of products
• Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. devops, R&D etc.)
• Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
• Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
• Ensure all issues are properly logged
• Follow up with clients to ensure their application are fully functional after troubleshooting and resolving the current issue.
• Prepare accurate and timely reports
• Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals while also sharing it with the team
• Maintain jovial relationships with clients
• Investigate issues that customer experience for the on-premise as well as the cloud (DBaaS) product.
• Answer customer questions related to products
• Learn about new products as and when they are introduced
• Participate in knowledge sharing sessions and team meetings
• B.Sc. or B.E in Computer Science or Information Systems
• Good knowledge of technologies such as Linux/Unix, TCP/IP, DNS
• Strong technical background with excellent problem solving and multitasking skills
• High proficiency in communication and presentation, both written and verbal (in English)
• High availability and commitment to customers at any time
• Ready to work in 24×7 environment
• Freshers with Linux Certification can apply
Experience with NoSQL databases
• Any Linux certification
• Experience with programming skills such as Java, C/C++, Python
• Experience working in both cloud-based and on-premise service and technology environment