Customer Support Team Leader
We are looking for a Technical Support Team Lead to join our Customer Support team in the Bay Area.
The Technical Support team is responsible for providing advice and support for Redis Labs NoSQL database, deployed either in the cloud or on-premises, across many industries. The Technical Team Leader will be responsible for helping global customers diagnose and resolve complex issues, serving as the customer’s advocate for timely resolution of issues, as well as problem reproduction and escalation.
Our ideal candidate has strong management and leadership skills combined with hands-on experience building and running mid-sized technical support teams in a rapidly growing company. You’re comfortable managing high profile customers and collaborating with DevOps, R&D and sales teams. The role requires you to remain calm under pressure and solve problems in real time, using strong diagnostic processes and out-of-the-box thinking.
If you are excited to be a role model, looking to lead a team, and are a fast learner, then this is the right challenge for you.
- Serve as a technical lead and escalation point.
- Develop advanced technical fixes for our customers’ issues. Perform research on specific customer issues as they arise.
- Develop, enhance, debug, maintain and test potential solutions to provide unique, product specific support to customers.
- Ensure the team provides the best quality support to customers.
- Troubleshoot customer issues.
- Participate in crisis management, continuous improvement, knowledge management, and other key processes as required.
- Monitor quality of support cases and escalations for continuous improvement of response and resolution times.
- Act as subject matter expert of Redis Labs Research and Development section.
- Assist developers and quality assurance analysts to solve defects, patch testing and patch releasing.
- Assist the Sales team when they encounter a problem during the POC.
- Create action plans for resolving customer issues.
- Recognize potential trends and provide a fast track resolution.
- Bachelor of Science in computer science and two years of customer support experience in a technical role, or alternatively four years of customer support experience in a technical role.
- Proficiency with server-side software development and with Linux.
- Proficiency with scalable and highly available distributed systems.
- Proficiency with coding in different languages including c/c++/c#, Java, Python, PHP, Node js.
- Proficiency with lua scripts development.
We have been named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Mountain View, CA