Technical Support Team Lead – Austin, TX
We are looking for a Technical Support Team Lead to join our Customer Support team in Austin, TX.
The Technical Support team is responsible for providing advice and support for Redis Labs NoSQL database, deployed either in the cloud or on-premises, across many industries. The Technical Team Leader will be responsible for helping global customers diagnose and resolve complex issues, serving as the customer’s advocate for timely resolution of issues, as well as problem reproduction and escalation.
Our ideal candidate has strong management and leadership skills combined with hands-on experience building and running mid-sized technical support teams in a rapidly growing company. You’re comfortable managing high profile customers and collaborating with DevOps, R&D and sales teams. The role requires you to remain calm under pressure and solve problems in real time, using strong diagnostic processes and out-of-the-box thinking.
If you are excited to be a role model, looking to lead a team, and are a fast learner, then this is the right challenge for you.
- Manage and lead a team of Technical Support Engineers; manage day-to- day tasks; design and build operational procedures and tools.
- Promote self-learning organization and motivate the team to enhance their knowledge and skills.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance for the team and customers during the testing and deployment of Redis Labs software.
- Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, Sales and Engineering.
- Participate in new product development, customer training and other support-related activities.
- Help customers realize and maximize the value of their Redis Labs subscriptions.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 5+ years in technical support or customer success within software environment
- 2+ years of experience managing a technical team
- Advanced to expert level knowledge of technologies such as Linux/Unix, TCP/IP, DNS, TLS and Clustering
- Experience with programming skills such as Java, C/C++, Python
- Strong technical background with excellent problem solving and multitasking skills
- Proficiency in communication and presentation, both written and verbal (in English)
- High availability and commitment to customers at any time
- M.Sc. in Computer Science / Information systems
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Prior experience handling with cloud computing such as AWS
We have been named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Austin, TX