Systems Administrator – Mountain View, CA
We are looking for an experienced IT Specialist or Systems Administrator/Help Desk Lead to join our corporate IT team in Mountain View, Calif.
You will be instrumental in the ongoing administration, configuration, and troubleshooting of all corporate systems and services with a focus on employee experience as it relates to the help desk. A solid working knowledge of standard IT methodologies and processes is necessary to be successful in this role.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on self-starter with strong knowledge in supporting MACs, Windows endpoints, firewalls, network devices, cloud applications, and scripting for automation of routine tasks.
If you are looking for a role that gives you the opportunity to have a significant impact on a business on its next phase of growth and gain experience across various areas, then this is the right challenge for you.
We’re Redis Labs, the home of the open source Redis database platform and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in NoSQL, in-memory databases with more than 7,400 enterprise customers around the world, we’re growing fast—we’ve raised more than $146 million in funding and are growing our staff across our offices in Mountain View, Calif.; London; Tel Aviv; and Austin, Texas. In the past year alone, Redis Labs has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 EMEA, earned a spot on Dun & Bradstreet’s 10 Best Startups to Work for in Israel, and been ranked one of the healthiest employers in the Bay Area.
- Work on and potentially lead all phases of systems administration including definition, design, implementation, and testing of new service roll outs.
- Provide help desk support to a distributed workforce within agreed upon SLAs.
- Manage and optimize all corporate applications and services such as JIRA/Confluence, G-Suite, Slack, Zoom, and Freshservice.
- Manage all IT infrastructure tools such as Okta, Crowdstrike, Mimecast, and VMware Workspace ONE.
- Review and provide input on host-based DLP and IPS policies.
- Monitor servers, applications, and networks to ensure security and availability.
- Create/edit Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Develop and maintain documentation for supported applications, processes, and training material to internal employees and IT staff.
- Work with the security team to install and configure operating system/software patches and security updates within the agreed upon SLAs.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize different workstreams, switching between operations and delivery of projects on a daily basis, queue, and other assignments; excellent in time management.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with other IT members and cross functionally.
- 10+ years of experience in IT in a high growth SaaS environment
- 5+ years of experience in user support in a cloud first modern IT
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Strong knowledge of identity and access management
- Strong in one scripting language
- Strong understanding of mail dependencies with DNS, routing, relays, and emerging technologies around encryption, TLS, DKIM, DMARC, and SPF
- Application administration of cloud apps such as G-Suite or Office 365, VPN, MFA, Confluence, JIRA, and other IT cloud applications such as Dropbox, Box, Okta
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. Please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Location: Mountain View, CA