Solutions Engineer- London,UK
Our Solution Engineers (pre sales) spearhead the Redis Labs customer’s first experience with our solution, working with over 7,000 paying customers and serving as the subject matter experts in the field leading the technical part of sales engagements.
This includes explaining NoSQL, demonstrating the benefits of Redis and Redis Labs technology, and inspiring customers and prospects to grow their businesses with Redis OSS and Redis Labs solutions.
Our Solution Engineers collaborate with customers to create customized solutions for their specific business and database needs, helping them increase business value and overcome challenges. You will be driving POCs, pilots, challenges and evaluations, working hands-on with our customers using one of the best technologies in the market.
- Help customers meet their technology and business requirements with Redis databases using Redis Labs products, solutions and services.
- Understand, quantify and verify the business needs of customers and their specific use cases.
- Work diligently with the customer’s technical teams (architects, developers, PMOs and C level experts) to ensure the success of all customer POCs and pilots.
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to develop effective account strategies and identify new account opportunities, as well as new business with existing accounts.
- Present the company, its capabilities and technology in a highly professional and exciting way that will engage customers and help them see the business impact and competitive advantages of the Redis Labs offering.
- Use customer feedback and insights to improve product materials, technical best practice and technical materials, and provide feedback to product management teams and R&D.
- At least three years of experience in pre-sales engineering (ideally database engineering) for enterprise software
- Good knowledge of databases is a must
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Hands-on experience with operating systems such as Linux
- Experience engaging with different levels of developers and IT leaders in enterprises; able to read situations and create rapport and enthusiasm with prospects
- Programming experience in Java and/or .NET is a considerable advantage.
- An understanding of networking and DB architecture is preferred.
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, work under pressure and think critically
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; able to present a complex technical solution in a clear and convincing way (one-on-one and to an audience)
- Quick to learn, think and execute
- Organized, self-aware and engaging
- Prior experience in a fast-paced start-up environment is desired
- A “can do” attitude; a winner and a team player that is looking for a challenge and wants to have fun in the process
- Available to travel up to 30% of the time
Location: London, UK