Solutions Architect – San Francisco Bay Area
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our Solutions Architects team, spearheading the Redis Labs customer’s first experience with our solution.
As a Sales Engineer, you will educate and collaborate with customers to create customized Redis Labs-powered solutions for their specific business and database needs, helping them increase business value and overcome challenges. You will drive POCs, pilots, challenges and evaluations, working hands-on with our customers using one of the best technologies in the market.
The ideal candidate is a good listener with a talent for creative solutions. You enjoy tackling a wide variety of technical challenges patiently and pragmatically, never losing sight of the customer’s business objectives.
If you are a technology expert, with desire to provide potential customers with the best customer experience, this is the right challenge for you.
- Help customers meet their technology and business requirements with Redis databases using Redis Labs products, solutions and services.
- Understand, quantify and verify the business needs of customers and their specific use cases.
- Work diligently with the customer’s technical teams (architects, developers, PMOs and C-level experts) to ensure the success of all customer POCs and pilots.
- Collaborate closely with the Sales team to develop effective account strategies and identify new account opportunities, as well as new business with existing accounts.
- Present the company, its capabilities and technology in a highly professional and exciting way that will engage customers and help them see the business impact and competitive advantages of the Redis Labs offering.
- Use customer feedback and insights to improve product materials, technical best practice and technical materials, while providing feedback to Product Management teams and R&D.
- 3+ years of experience in pre-sales engineering (ideally database engineering) for enterprise software
- Hands-on experience with server-side software development and Linux
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- BS in Computer Science / B.A. or equivalent work experience
- A team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Available to travel up to 50% of the time; the location is flexible, working from office or home, per sales team structure and management directives
We have been named “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area