Software Engineer – Cluster Group
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Redis Labs Cluster Group.
As a cluster group member, you will be responsible for the software behind the fastest NoSQL clusters on earth, supporting over 50 million ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability.
Our ideal candidate is a strong individual that loves to work with a diverse team of bright and ambitious people. You are passionate about technology in general and specifically the challenges around cloud, performance & distributed computing. You are a quick learner, always eager to learn and improve.
So – If you’re all that, fun to work with and want to make an impact while contributing to a wildly successful startup, then this is the right challenge for you.
- Help develop the next generation of Redis Labs’ superior clustering technologies, products and solutions.
- Own Redis Labs Cluster features end-to-end, from design through development and deployment.
- Debug, maintain and improve the Redis Labs Cluster infrastructure, enhancing its ability to handle many thousands of databases with millions of requests per second.
- Participate in various open-source projects that Redis Labs maintains and/or contributes to.
- Work closely with team members, Product, DevOps, Support, Customer Success, and other R&D teams.
Three or more years of hands-on backend development experience working on a large-scale production grade system (preferably cloud based)
- Excellent coding skills with a good understanding of large-scale architecture and design patterns
- Experience with cloud based products, containerization technologies and operating systems (specifically Linux)
- A B.Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering / equivalent experience
- Passionate about technology (Always learning about new tech, A PC kid – started programming at 12, etc…)
- Self-direction, ambition and an eagerness to learn new things
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems = BIG Advantage
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Deep understanding of orchestration technologies like Kubernetes & PCF
- Experience with Python / C / C++ / Go
- Have participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large scale performance challenge