Senior Software Engineer – Core Platforms Datapath
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Redis Labs Datapath team.
As a member of the core platform group, you will design and implement new features while maintaining maximum performance, investigate complex real-world issues, and develop the datapath components that support over 200 million ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced C/C++ programmer that has worked with multithreaded code in a Linux environment and is able to approach complex problems creatively and with an open mind. You are a quick learner, always eager to learn and improve, and love to work and collaborate with bright coworkers.
If you’re all that, fun to work with, and want to make an impact while contributing to a wildly successful startup, then this is the right challenge for you.
We’re Redis Labs, the home of the open source Redis database platform and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in NoSQL, in-memory databases with more than 7,400 enterprise customers around the world, we’re growing fast—we’ve raised more than $146 million in funding and are growing our staff across our offices in Mountain View, Calif.; London; Tel Aviv; and Austin, Texas. In the past year alone, Redis Labs has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 EMEA, earned a spot on Dun & Bradstreet’s 10 Best Startups to Work for in Israel, and been ranked one of the healthiest employers in the Bay Area.
- Develop the next generation of Redis Labs’ Proxy and database synchronization solutions.
- Own Redis Labs Datapath features end-to-end, from design through development and deployment.
- Debug, maintain, and improve the Redis Labs Datapath infrastructure, enhancing its ability to handle many thousands of databases with millions of requests per second.
- Participate in various open-source projects that Redis Labs maintains and/or contributes to.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to other team members.
- Work closely with team members, product, DevOps, support, customer success, and other R&D teams.
- Five or more years of hands-on backend development experience working on a large-scale production grade system
- Excellent coding skills with a good understanding of large-scale architecture and design patterns.
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ code architecture over Linux OS.
- A B.Sc. in computer science or software engineering/equivalent experience.
- Passion for technology (always learning about new tech and/or you’re a PC kid—started programming at 12 years old)
- Self-directed, ambitious, and eager to learn new things.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems = BIG Advantage
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis).
- Deep understanding of networking.
- Experience with Python.
- Have participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large scale performance challenge.