Senior Software Engineer – Core Platforms (Cluster/Cloud)
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Redis Labs Cluster & Cloud teams.
As a member of the core platforms group, you will be responsible for the software behind the fastest NoSQL clusters on earth, supporting over 200 million ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability.
Our ideal candidate is a strong individual that loves to work with a diverse team of bright and ambitious people. You are passionate about technology in general and specifically the challenges around cloud, performance, and distributed computing. You are a quick learner, always eager to learn and improve. You are able and willing to share your knowledge and guide other team members.
If you’re all that, fun to work with, and want to make an impact while contributing to a wildly successful startup, then this is the right challenge for you.
We’re Redis Labs, the home of the open source Redis database platform and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in NoSQL, in-memory databases with more than 7,400 enterprise customers around the world, we’re growing fast—we’ve raised more than $146 million in funding and are growing our staff across our offices in Mountain View, Calif.; London; Tel Aviv; and Austin, Texas. In the past year alone, Redis Labs has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 EMEA, earned a spot on Dun & Bradstreet’s 10 Best Startups to Work for in Israel, and been ranked one of the healthiest employers in the Bay Area.
- Develop the next generation of Redis Labs’ Cluster and Cloud products and solutions.
- Own and lead Redis Labs Cluster/Cloud features end-to-end, from design through development and deployment.
- Debug, maintain, and improve the Redis Labs Cluster/Cloud infrastructure, enhancing its ability to handle many thousands of databases with millions of requests per second.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to other team members.
- Participate in various open source projects that Redis Labs maintains and/or contributes to.
- Work closely with team members, product, DevOps, support, customer success, and other R&D teams.
- Five or more years of hands-on backend development experience working on a large-scale production grade system (preferably in Python).
- Excellent coding skills with a good understanding of large-scale architecture and design patterns.
- Experience with cloud computing and operating systems (specifically Linux).
- A B.Sc. in computer science or software engineering/equivalent experience.
- Passion for technology (always learning about new tech and/or you’re a PC kid—started programming at 12 years old).
- Self-directed, ambitious, and eager to learn new things.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems = BIG Advantage
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis).
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with at least one of the big cloud platforms.
- Have participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large scale performance challenge.