Senior Software Engineer – Core Platforms (Cloud Native)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Redis Labs Cloud Native development team.
As a member of the core platforms group, you will be responsible for the software behind the fastest NoSQL clusters on earth, supporting over 200 million ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability.
The Cloud Native development team creates components that integrate with modern orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry, making the adoption of Redis Enterprise simple and easy.
Our ideal candidate is a strong individual that loves to work with a diverse team of bright and ambitious people. You are passionate about technology in general and specifically the challenges around cloud, performance, and distributed computing. You are a quick learner, always eager to learn and improve.
If you’re all that, fun to work with, and want to make an impact while contributing to a wildly successful startup, then this is the right challenge for you.
- Develop the next generation of Redis Labs products and solutions using Go and Python.
- Own Redis Labs Cloud-Native features end-to-end, from design through development and deployment
- Debug, maintain, and improve the Redis Labs Kubernetes/CF infrastructure, enhancing its ability to handle many thousands of databases with millions of requests per second.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to other team members.
- Participate in various open-source projects that Redis Labs maintains and/or contributes to.
- Excellent coding skills with a good understanding of large-scale architecture and design patterns
- Five or more years of hands-on backend development experience working on a large-scale production grade system
- Significant experience with operating systems (specifically Linux)
- A B.Sc. in computer science or software engineering/equivalent experience
- Passion for technology (always learning about new tech and/or you’re a PC kid—started programming at 12 years old)
- Self-directed, ambitious, and eager to learn new things.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems = BIG Advantage
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Experience with Kubernetes usage/development
- Experience with Docker
- Have participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large scale performance challenge.