Senior QA Engineer
Redis Labs is looking for an all-around QA player to join our Quality Team.
This is an excellent position for people who enjoy working on the full cycle of manual and automated testing: creating a strategy, writing a plan, creating and executing tests, finding regressions; logging and verifying bugs, and writing automation for the executed tests.
You will be part of our talented engineering and testing team, who play a key role in testing efforts for Redis, the fastest NoSQL database.
Join Redis Labs, an exciting and fast-growing international organization that offers a creative environment with many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Write, execute, evaluate and maintain test cases for in-memory database clusters and web applications
- Install, configure and maintain products, data, tools and test environments
- Create and upgrade test plans for each release
- Develop and maintain smoke, performance, functional and regression tests to ensure code is functioning as designed
- Manage defect tracking and resolution processes so that a consistent, documented process is used and followed
- Conduct root cause analysis of identified defects, providing development teams with sufficient details to understand, replicate and resolve the defect
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience in testing complex software systems
- Experience in system, networking and UI testing
- Knowledge in TCP/IP and other Datacom protocols
- Good analytical skills and knowledge of QA practice, both at the conceptual and practical level
- Experience in developing and maintaining test suites through formal methods of test design to ensure optimal test coverage
- Attention to detail and an eagerness to learn
- Defect tracking and use of test management tools
- Good English writing skills
- Experience with Linux OS
- Working knowledge of agile methodology used in a Product organization
- Experience with database testing (preferably NoSQL database)
- Experience with distributed systems (clusters, complex test/network topologies, etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing Dev/Ops (AWS, VMware, Azure, etc.)