Senior Product Manager – Security
If you like the challenge of securing data, have a strong technical background in compliance requirements for cloud services and securing distributed database platforms, this is the right challenge for you.
As a senior member of the Product Management group, you will be an integral part of the growing team that drives the next-generation database platform security and compliance requirements, as well as the buyer’s journey.
The successful product management candidate must have prior experience with building security controls in database systems as well as a great understanding of region and industry specific compliance requirements such as Privacy PCI, HIPAA, FISMA, Shield, and SOC2.
Redis is the fastest growing in-memory NoSQL database and structure store. Redis Labs, the home of Redis, offers an enhanced Redis Enterprise platform that delivers publicly managed as well as on-premises database solutions. Data security and compliance are one of the key pillars of the Redis Enterprise platform.
- Drive security and compliance roadmap for all Redis Labs products.
- Define security capabilities and controls to satisfy the compliance requirements of the Redis Enterprise platform.
- Work effectively and prioritize tasks across the engineering teams that build the core database engine, distributed clustering, indexing and querying processes.
- Collaborate with DevOps, Customer Success, and Support teams
- Deliver a smooth onboarding experience for Redis Enterprise platform worldwide customers, while meeting the security compliance needs of various industries such as financial services, healthcare, and government.
- Evangelize the security and privacy capabilities of Redis and Redis Enterprise platform in the press, in technology events and at industry events for financial, government, healthcare, etc.
- Drive market positioning and optimize the launching of new security and compliance capabilities for the best market reception.
- Drive customer wins by engaging field and marketing teams.
- Follow market trends to identify product opportunities as well as risks from competitors.
- A combination of technical experience and business knowledge
- Deep understanding of compliance requirements and processes for industry standard compliance regulations such as PCI, HIPAA, FISMA, Privacy Shield, etc.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager in SaaS / B2B / Enterprise software industry
- 5+ years of experience leading developing of compliance and security related capabilities
- Knowledge of distributed database management systems, preferably in NoSQL
- Knowledge of cloud computing and SaaS
- Proactive, independent and highly motivated individual with a serious work ethic and goal-oriented approach, as well as good teamwork skills and experience building consensus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for communicating with executives, industry analysis, and press
- This position requires minimal international travel a few times a year.