Principle Product Manager – Frameworks and Platforms
Do you like working on connected data platforms? Do you have a strong technical background in the new cloud operating systems and new deployment frameworks for public and private cloud databases? Do you love working with cutting-edge technology in big data platforms? Then this is the right challenge for you.
As a senior member of the Product Management group, you will be an integral part of the growing team that drives the next-generation database platform integrations with new cloud marketplaces (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.) and containers, as well as virtualization and orchestration frameworks (docker, cloud foundry, kubernetes, Openshift, Mesos, etc.)
The ideal product management candidate must have prior experience with building integrations between platform products, cloud marketplaces, related APIs and frameworks.
- Drive the platform and integration roadmap for all Redis Labs products.
- Create a Redis Enterprise platform presence that clearly connects open-source Redis and Redis Enterprise product offerings.
- Work effectively and prioritize tasks across the engineering teams to ensure smooth and orthogonal support for all database capabilities–from high availability and security/compliance to performance and scalability–in all platforms and marketplaces.
- Collaborate with DevOps, Customer Success, and Support teams.
- Deliver a smooth onboarding experience for Redis Enterprise platform worldwide customers.
- Evangelize the integrated platform and marketplace capabilities of Redis and Redis Enterprise in the press, as well as at technology and industry events.
- Drive market positioning and optimize the launching of new platforms and marketplace capabilities for the best market reception.
- Drive customer wins by engaging field and marketing teams.
- Follow market trends to identify product opportunities as well as risks from competitors.
- A combination of technical experience and business knowledge
- A deep understanding of database infrastructure, such as bare metal OSs, containers, virtualization and orchestration frameworks (docker, cloud foundry, kubernetes, Openshift, Mesos) as well as networking, security and storage best practices for each infrastructure type.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager in the SaaS / B2B / Enterprise software industry.
- Knowledge of distributed database management systems, preferably in NoSQL
- Knowledge of cloud computing and SaaS
- A proactive, independent and highly motivated mindset with a serious work ethic and a goal-oriented approach
- Good teamwork skills and experience building consensus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for communicating with executives, industry analysts and press
- This position requires minimal international travel a few times a year.