Professional Services Consulting Engineer – Remote
We are looking for a Consulting Engineer to join our Professional Services team, driving the successful adoption of Redis Lab’s technology within our customers’ enterprise environments (on-premise and cloud).
As a Consulting Engineer, you will consult and collaborate with customers to create customized Redis Labs-powered solutions for their specific business and data service needs, helping them increase business value and overcome challenges. You will design, develop and deliver data service solutions for our customers across their development, QA and production environments using one of the best technologies in the market.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical background and is a good listener with a talent for developing impactful solutions. You enjoy tackling a wide variety of technical challenges patiently and pragmatically, never losing sight of the customer’s business objectives.
If you are a technology expert, with a desire to provide our new and existing customers with the best service experience, then this is the right challenge for you.
- Develop technical expertise with Redis, Redis Enterprise and Redis Modules, serving as a subject matter expert for our customers.
- Help customers meet their technology and business requirements with Redis Enterprise using our suite of products, solutions, and services.
- Provide hands-on technical implementation services, including the end-to-end testing of completed solutions within customer environments.
- Work diligently with the customer’s technical teams (architects, developers, PMOs, and C-level experts) to ensure the success of solution deployments within their production environments.
- Collaborate with the Sales organization to develop effective account strategies and identify new business opportunities within existing accounts.
- Deliver remote and onsite product training to our customers in a highly professional and educational manner that will engage them in the projects you will consult on.
- Use customer feedback and insights to improve product and technical materials, while providing feedback to Product Management teams and R&D.
- 5+ years of experience in post-sales consulting (ideally database engineering) for enterprise software
- Hands-on experience with server-side code development, RESTful APIs and Linux
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- A team player with strong technical, communication and time management skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Available to travel up to 50% of the time; the location is flexible, working from office or home (per sales team structure and management directives)
We have been named “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info visit: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: West Coast Based (Remote)