Professional Services Consultant
As our Professional Services Consultant at Redis Labs, you will be the enterprise customer’s trusted advisor and liaison, successfully guiding them through mission-critical deployments.
Our customers are building high-performance, mission-critical and massively-scalable solutions that depend significantly on Redis and Redis Labs products. As a Professional Services Consultant, you will provide subject matter expertise, thought leadership, development assistance, and engineering guidance to ensure that customers deploy Redis Labs solutions successfully.
Those that thrive in this role enjoy helping others, have a passion for engineering large-scale solutions, solve complex problems and practice continuous education on the latest technology, architecture, and development patterns.
We are looking for someone with flexibility who can both manage multiple projects in parallel, – someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing environment working independently and also as part of a team. We believe in growing our talent through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation. We trust our colleagues to be responsible for their time and commitment and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.
We’re Redis Labs, the home of the open-source Redis database platform and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in NoSQL, in-memory databases with more than 7,400 enterprise customers around the world, we’re growing fast—we’ve raised more than $146 million in funding and are growing our staff across our offices in Mountain View, Calif.; London; Tel Aviv; and Austin, Texas. In the past year alone, Redis Labs has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 EMEA, earned a spot on Dun & Bradstreet’s 10 Best Startups to Work for in Israel, and been ranked one of the healthiest employers in the Bay Area.
- Develop Redis, Redis Enterprise and Redis Modules expertise to become a subject matter expert.
- Provide your clients with trusted advice, best practices, training and engineering guidance for their mission-critical deployments.
- Inform, create or otherwise guide clients in their overall data strategy.
- Engage your clients’ engineering teams remotely and on-site.
- Assist clients through all phases of SDLC, including architectural review, capacity estimation, Redis Enterprise installation, assisted development, performance-tuning exercises, and high-availability/stress testing.
- Function as a broader guru in highly scalable and highly performant solution development/design.
- Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge and trade-offs during architectural discussions and depth of experience during hands-on tasks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on strategy sessions, knowledge transfer exercises and retrospective analysis.
- Minimum 5 years of technical consulting experience, or equivalent experience.
- Expertise with Linux system tuning and administration
- Demonstrable proficiency with at least one programming language (Java, C#, Python, Node). An advantage for .Net experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: NoSQL, IMDG, IMDB or distributed caches
- Practical hands-on experience with a major cloud provider (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Practical DevOps experience (Chef/Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Knowledge of at least one major PaaS/CaaS (Kubernetes, Cloudfoundry or Mesosphere)
- Understanding of networking protocols and common security frameworks
- Comfortable traveling 50% of the time within EMEA, and APAC.
- Prior hands-on experience with design, development and deployment of a large-scale solution.
- Ability to collaborate and listen to technical and non-technical consumers, from IT administrators to executive level partners
- Experience with Redis OSS or Redis Enterprise in a production environment
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes/Docker
- Security clearance