Market Development Representative – Austin, TX
Redis Labs is rapidly growing and has expanded operations to include a NEW Corporate Sales Division, based in Austin, Texas and is actively seeking Market Development Representatives (MDR).
The Market Development Representative (MDR) is a key role at Redis Labs responsible for generating interest in our products and services through targeted research, outbound activities, and following up with inbound requests and MQLs. His/Her goal is to engage Redis Labs’ market by systematically increasing market awareness and penetration. The MDR uses a variety of communication channels to reach potential customers and will do research on various key accounts when needed.
This position requires strong business acumen with the ability to quickly assess and align customer interest to products and use cases. Ideal candidates possess the aptitude to easily engage and establish rapport with coaches and group leaders. This is a position of growth and learning in the areas of sales and marketing; being coachable is a must!
You will join the newly minted Corporate Sales team in Austin and be a member of the North America sales team, working alongside Corporate Sales Representatives as directed by the Corporate Sales Director. This is a rare opportunity to help define a growing sales team in a well-funded SaaS startup with great customer traction.
- Identify and nurture leads to generate opportunities. Find the right power base of contacts and promote basic discovery to obtain meeting commitments.
- Execute established best practices and committed engagement cadences on time and on message, using Outreach, Salesforce, Drift and other tools.
- Research potential MQLs and identify sales opportunities.
- Hand off qualified opportunities to Corporate Sales Representatives.
- Determine first-call qualification on defined in-bound MQLs and MQAs.
- Verify data on inbound marketing leads generated by website visits and marketing programs.
- “Scrub” leads using online resources including SFDC and LinkedIn.
- Specify outreach and collaborate to follow-up on AE-owned leads and contacts.
- Conduct outbound engagement (emails + phone calls) to ideal customer targets.
- You graduated from college/university.
- You like to build things—and have before!
- You have demonstrated curiosity, resourcefulness, motivation and initiative.
- You enjoy the scrappiness of a startup (with the stability of an established company!).
- You have low ego, but are confident and sure of yourself.
- You love working with people who are highly diverse.
- You are fluent in English
- Prior experience with databases, infrastructure software, SaaS offerings
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
- You can write a compelling message and tell great stories.
- You have a passion for technology and the future excites you!
We have been named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info visit: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Austin, TX