Lead Technical Writer – Mountain View, CA
We are looking for a lead technical writer to join our Education team in the Bay Area.
As a lead technical writer, you’ll help produce the public, customer-facing documentation for our products, including Redis Enterprise, Redis Cloud, and the Redis modules.
The successful candidate is capable of developing a deep understanding of Redis Labs’ products; can synthesize and organize complex, technical information; empathize with the end user; and practice the art of good prose style. The ideal candidate will help to lead our documentation efforts. This means working with other technical writers, communicating with engineers and product managers, setting priorities, and continuing to improve our processes.
If you’re passionate about distilling complex software systems to enable users with the best possible documentation, then this is the right challenge for you!
- Collaborate with Product and R&D to create and update documentation on upcoming product releases.
- Continuously refine technical product documentation, and write for an audience of software developers and architects.
- Manage our documentation release processes.
- Serve as an administrator for the relevant documentation platforms.
- Degree in Technical Writing, Computer Science, English, or other relevant field
- 5+ years experience writing technical documentation OR 3+ years software engineering experience plus demonstrated skill and experience in technical writing (for example, you’ve written a book, published technical tutorials, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- Experience documenting enterprise or open-source software. If you’re familiar with databases and distributed systems, and with how these systems are typically deployed both on-premises and in the cloud, all the better
- Able to articulate and execute a process-oriented approach to the development, verification, and release of software documentation
- Knowledge of databases (RDBMS, NoSQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with distributed systems and cloud computing
- Published examples of documentation you’ve personally written
- Experience with documentation systems and workflows; examples might include WordPress, Hugo, Jekyll, or Sphinx
We have been named “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Mountain View, CA