Head of Technical Marketing
We are looking for a Head of Technical Marketing to join our team!
In this role, you will be driving a technical marketing content strategy that will help our prospects and customers understand what is possible with Redis Labs solutions. We need someone who understands developers and can build unique and compelling, highly technical content to help us grow our presence in the Cloud Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) and Enterprise NoSQL market. You will work closely with our marketing, engineering, business development, sales, and partners teams to show off Redis Labs products and services.
This position requires hands-on experience working in the B2B2D space. Our ideal candidate is a strong individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to develop compelling, high quality, and innovative content for developers and architects. You will join the marketing team, help shape technical marketing strategy, and establish Redis Labs’ position as an industry leader.
We’re Redis Labs, the home of the open source Redis database platform and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in NoSQL, in-memory databases with more than 7,400 enterprise customers around the world, we’re growing fast—we’ve raised more than $146 million in funding and are growing our staff across our offices in Mountain View, Calif.; London; Tel Aviv; and Austin, Texas. In the past year alone, Redis Labs has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 EMEA, earned a spot on Dun & Bradstreet’s 10 Best Startups to Work for in Israel, and been ranked one of the healthiest employers in the Bay Area.
- Build compelling and creative content that helps our customers understand Redis Labs’ value proposition
- Define and develop technical guides, videos, blogs, screencasts, runnable code demos, and reference architectures
- Evangelize and teach developers about how to use Redis Labs to build modern applications and introduce them to new concepts for the data layer in the cloud
- Create, respond, and participate in online communities including Twitter, Reddit, StackOverflow, and more
- Develop content that helps our sales teams explain the value propositions of our product offerings, including competitive analysis, ROI tools, and product training
- Work with the marketing team to support product launches, promote content through social media, and developer-focused demand generation campaigns
- Manage cross-functional technical marketing programs to drive a shared understanding of Redis Labs technical content and product direction
- Manage a small team of experienced Technical Marketing Managers
- 7+ years of experience as a developer/technical marketer, solutions architect, evangelist, and/or product marketer
- Experience leading high-output teams
- Proven track record writing technical content such as white papers and articles
- Knowledge of technology stacks related to Cloud-native, preferably in the big data/database/NoSQL space
- Experience with B2B2D and SaaS offerings
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Ability to interact with cross-functional teams, clients, and executive leadership
- Solid exposure and love for open source technologies
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. Please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Location: Mountain View, CA