We are looking for a Field CTO to join our growing team.
This Field CTO role is a high impact position with responsibilities that include supporting strategic sales opportunities with account teams; closely following industry trends and trajectory to shape product priorities; and regularly evangelizing Redis Labs solutions and roadmaps as one of our thought leading technical experts with customers, at industry conferences, trade shows and partners. It is a unique role for the well-rounded technologist at heart who has a functional database background, deep industry knowledge in this space and a passion for evangelizing.
As part of the GTM team, the Field CTO will play an instrumental role in expanding Redis Labs’ strategic customer base, which includes many of the Fortune/Global 2000. You will be an escalation point for high-impact customer engagements, from practitioners to CXOs. Because this role will work with a wide array of stakeholders across many different teams, clear lines of cross-functional communication with multiple organizations is a must.
The role requires dynamic and engaging communication and presentation skills; verbal, written and visual. The successful candidate is someone able to engage and influence a varied audience—from C-level to managerial to internal Product and Engineering teams—and extract information that can be used by the Sales team in future engagements. While based in the US, frequent travel to all areas within the US and occasional international travel is required.
- Ability to interact with and influence senior executives within the Fortune and Global 2000
- Experience in a client-facing role explaining strategic and tactical concepts to customers is required
- Able to adeptly have a conversation with executives and then switch to a very technical conversation about solutions and features
- Engineering/CS/MIS Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded SME that has the technical depth to confidently present in front of audiences of all sizes.
- Recent industry experience and deep technical background in databases, NoSQL databases, In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG – advantage), Public Cloud and Cloud Native (Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, RedHat OpenShift) architectures
- High level understanding of the design principles for distributed computing architectures and microservices
- Experience selling in large enterprise environments
- Ability to understand and communicate the value proposition of strategic and tactical concepts for complex enterprise use cases
- Comfortable participating in dynamic conversations around sales mechanics that will enable you to positively influence key stakeholders
- Ability to act as an industry thought leader in both customer meetings and public settings
- An ongoing awareness of industry trends that lead informs a deeper product understanding
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time
We have been named “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Mountain View, CA