Software Development Team Lead (C/C++)
We are looking for a team leader to join our Core Engineering team.
As a DMC Team Lead, you will be leading a team in the core platform group, designing and implementing new features while maintaining maximum performance, investigating complex real-world issues and developing the datapath components that make our cluster the fastest NoSQL database on earth, supporting over tens of millions ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability.
You will lead, motivate, teach and recruit a set of highly skilled developers supporting over 300,000 databases on our service and providing solutions to the world’s largest companies.
Our ideal candidate is a strong individual that loves to work with a diverse team of bright and ambitious people. You combine excellent analytical skills with lots of real-world software engineering experience and great leadership qualities.
If you are passionate about technology and want to lead a group of people tackling the hardest problems in high-performance, distributed systems, then this is the right challenge for you.
- Lead, mentor and recruit a team of developers working on a large scale, distributed product.
- Collaborate closely with Product, DevOps, Support and other R&D teams.
- Guide the architecture and take part in the implementation of major features.
- Help develop technology roadmaps and schedules.
- Drive improvements to product features and the development process.
- 5+ years of proven track record building and managing high-performing teams
- Strong leadership skills and ability to build, execute and own the team’s success and improvements
- 10+ years of programming experience (preferably working on performance-critical systems in C / C++)
- Good understanding of networking and distributed systems
- Understanding of open-source development models and how the Linux community interacts
- B.Sc (M.Sc preferred) in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Self-directed, ambitious and eager to learn new things
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems is a BIG Advantage
- Passionate about technology (always learning about new tech; A PC kid who started programming at age 12, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL Databases—especially Redis
- Experience with Python / Go / Rust