Director of Product Marketing – Mountain View, CA
Redis Labs is hiring a Director of Product Marketing for our Mountain View office!
In this high-profile role you will define the go-to-market strategy for Redis Enterprise database, create a story that resonates with developers and C-level audience, articulates our business oriented key-values and differentiation to Sales, and partner with demand generation to drive growth.
You will be required to communicate the Redis Enterprise database’s significance in the competitive $35B database market to audiences ranging from CXOs to enterprise architects, application developers and business decision makers. You will also be required to build a deep understanding of customer usage patterns, articulate how Redis Enterprise helps application owners translate typical database uses into distinctive, interactive customer experiences, and establish our differentiation in partner environments.
We’re Redis Labs, the home of the open source Redis database platform and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in NoSQL, in-memory databases with more than 7,400 enterprise customers around the world, we’re growing fast—we’ve raised more than $146 million in funding and are growing our staff across our offices in Mountain View, Calif.; London; Tel Aviv; and Austin, Texas. In the past year alone, Redis Labs has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 EMEA, earned a spot on Dun & Bradstreet’s 10 Best Startups to Work for in Israel, and been ranked one of the healthiest employers in the Bay Area.
- Create and execute product launch strategies.
- Develop positioning and messaging, become expert in our competitive landscape, and trusted go-to expert for your product area
- Build competitive analysis, sales training materials, messaging and positioning for Redis Enterprise, while supporting key customer engagements.
- Articulate Redis Enterprise vision and differentiators and present it to industry analysts, media communities and conference attendees.
- Create and deliver content—including web content, whitepapers, webcasts, podcasts, presentations, social content, etc.—that speaks to multiple audience levels and demographics.
- 7+ years in Technical Marketing, Product Marketing, Product Management or Strategy Consulting
- At least 4-5 years of product marketing or go-to-market; experience working in B2B2D space
- Prior experience with Redis, and other NoSQL or SQL databases (such as MongoDB, HBase, MySQL) is preferred
- People skills and ability to work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications
- Fantastic storytelling skills and ability to communicate and translate technical issues to business values
- Demonstrated experience writing blogs, delivering webinars, presenting to customers, analysts and media
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science
- This position requires traveling up to 20% of the time.
- Prior experience as an enterprise architect; familiarity with modern application stacks such as MEAN, LAMP etc.
- A strategic mindset
- Prior experience with marketing to database buyers or developers
- Operational experience with database administration
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. Please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Location: Mountain View, CA