Director of IT – Mountain View, CA
We are looking for a full-time Director of IT to work from our headquarters in Mountain View, Calif. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
As our IT Director, you will be responsible and accountable for the smooth management of our global internal IT technology, systems, infrastructure, security, and SaaS services and vendors. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our technology needs, as well as carry out processes with an eye towards efficiency, compliance, and customer satisfaction.
Our ideal candidate will be a hands-on self-starter with the experience and ability to evaluate our technology needs, identify gaps, build organizational scale, and manage a team of direct reports as well as managers. You will have a background with high growth startup technology companies. You must have high integrity, a strong systems background and communication skills, and the ability to operate in a fast-paced, startup environment.
We’re Redis Labs, the home of the open source Redis database platform and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in NoSQL, in-memory databases with more than 7,400 enterprise customers around the world, we’re growing fast—we’ve raised more than $146 million in funding and are growing our staff across our offices in Mountain View, Calif.; London; Tel Aviv; and Austin, Texas. In the past year alone, Redis Labs has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 EMEA, earned a spot on Dun & Bradstreet’s 10 Best Startups to Work for in Israel, and been ranked one of the healthiest employers in the Bay Area.
- Provides leadership in planning and managing IT product and service development
- Oversees the effective delivery of computer operations and production support, system and database administration, security systems and tools, network operations, PC/desktop support, and customer service
- Works with the CFO and the leadership team, providing in-depth technical expertise in support of business decisions
- Directs the preparation, review, and consolidation of IT business plans, budgets, and forecasts. Ensures that financial implications of IT projects and activities are communicated effectively
- Works closely with the Chief Information Security Officer to preserve assets, information security, and control structures
- Performs other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field
- Seven or more years of IT management experience overseeing direct reports
- Five or more years of IT operations experience with responsibility for back and front office infrastructure including marketing, sales, customer support, finance, HR, InfoSec security, and operations
- Track record of scaling company business services for fast growth across multiple locations
- Demonstrated experience in establishing standard processes and managing performance to achieve key metrics
- Familiarity with ITIL and or COBIT, Certification is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and development tool sets such as Jira/Confluence/Jenkins
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. Please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Location: Mountain View, CA