Director of Human Resources – Mountain View, CA or Austin, TX
We are looking for a Director of HR, US & Canada, to join our HR team in our Mountain View, Calif., office or Austin, Texas, office. The position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources.
As a senior member of our global HR team, you will be responsible for all aspects of HR for our U.S. and Canadian employees. You are someone who thinks strategically but also takes a “can-do” approach to challenges, with the ability to help the company scale while managing multiple and competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
You will contribute to our overall business objectives and will play a key role in Redis Labs’ success. Your work will be instrumental in developing, growing, and maintaining our business, team, culture, and values.
We’re Redis Labs, the home of the open source Redis database platform and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in NoSQL in-memory databases with more than 7,400 enterprise customers around the world, we’re growing fast—we’ve raised more than $146 million in funding and are growing our staff across our offices in Mountain View, Calif.; Austin, Texas; London; and Tel Aviv. In the past year alone, Redis Labs has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 EMEA, earned a spot on Dun & Bradstreet’s 10 Best Startups to Work for in Israel, and been ranked one of the healthiest employers in the Bay Area.
- Provide strategic business partnerships and act as a trusted HR advisor to leaders and key stakeholders.
- Build strong, ongoing relationships across all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to executive leaders.
- Coach, guide, and consult with leaders on HR matters and best practices.
- Lead cross-functional HR projects to help drive and improve company culture, employee engagement, and organizational development.
- Manage employee compensation and benefits; onboarding and training of new hires, performance reviews, internal mobility (relocations and transfers), and employee exits.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance while providing HR policy guidance. Manage and resolve employee relations issues.
- Manage HR operations, with a team comprising of an HR Generalist and two Office Managers.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team and functional business leaders to optimize workforce planning and recruiting efforts.
- Implement HR initiatives and ensure that local activities are aligned with the global HR strategy.
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in HR, and at least 5 years of experience as a Director of HR in the high-tech industry (preferably software).
- Experience working in a hyper-growth environment, growing companies from medium to large scale.
- Experience working with various different departments, including Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and G&A.
- Ability to learn and understand our business and how HR can support business goals.
- Strong track record of developing effective and consultative relationships across all levels of an organization, including executives.
- Demonstrated competence and hands-on abilities in various HR functional areas: employee relations, compensation and benefits, performance management, etc.
- Experience with labor law and compliance.
- Able to exercise good judgment and discretion, maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience in companies with international operations.
- Prior experience in pre-IPO companies.
- Professional certification (PHR, SPHR).
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. Please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Location: Mountain View, CA or Austin, TX