Director of Data
We are looking for an experienced leader, analytical, technical, solution-focused type, who is a great communicator, to join us as Director of BI.
As the Director of BI you will be a key strategic leader working directly with the CFO and CEO responsible for creating and executing a BI and Analytics strategy for Redis Labs.
You will work collaboratively across all business areas, aligning business requirements to data architecture. Supporting every department with their BI, analytics, and data-driven decision making.
This role requires knowledge of data infrastructure and ability to drive insights through products and solutions.
In this role, you will work closely with senior leadership, various business teams, system vendors and external third parties.
We’re Redis Labs, the home of the open source Redis database platform and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in NoSQL, in-memory databases with more than 7,400 enterprise customers around the world, we’re growing fast—we’ve raised more than $146 million in funding and are growing our staff across our offices in Mountain View, Calif.; London; Tel Aviv; and Austin, Texas. In the past year alone, Redis Labs has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 EMEA, earned a spot on Dun & Bradstreet’s 10 Best Startups to Work for in Israel, and been ranked one of the healthiest employers in the Bay Area.
- Define a BI vision and strategy on how to enable data-driven decision making and data access.
- Establish processes to assure efficient planning, prioritization, quality assurance and shipping of BI requests.
- Develop a data warehouse concept and scalable architecture and tech stack in line with our BI strategy.
- Build up, coach, develop and scale the BI team to support the company’s fast growth.
- Proactively understand the business needs and translate them into outcome driven BI goals and actionable requirements.
- Ensure high-quality reporting and data access to all relevant metrics/ data sources for major stakeholders.
- Minimum of 7-10 years in data analytics and leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or computer science
- Profound experience in data modelling and data architecture
- Strong SQL skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with senior leadership and other lines of the business
- Experience in delivering high-impact analytical insights from different data sources
- Experience in implementing and developing a variety of BI tools and systems
- Strong understanding of business needs and data requirements for a B2B SaaS business.
- Experience in working for a global company
- Experience in working with ETL and visualization Tools
- English – Mother tongue level
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel