Director of Full-Stack Software Engineering
We are looking for a Director of Full-Stack Software Engineering to join our R&D Department in Tel-Aviv.
As the Director of Full-Stack Software Engineering, you will lead multiple teams of full-stack engineers, some of which are also near-shore and off-shore, who develop and manage our Redis Enterprise cloud service, used by more than 200K users.
You will be responsible for managing and maintaining the existing teams, as well as growing the teams. In addition, you will be responsible for the technical aspect of enhancing the existing platforms as well as leading the research of new technologies and integrating the platforms.
Our ideal candidate is a strong individual with experience in managing multiple teams as well as broad and deep technical hands-on experience in large-scale web application from the server side to the client, who has faced scalability, stability and performance challenges.
- Lead, mentor, and recruit team members across multiple teams developing and maintaining our management platforms (with over 200k users).
- Lead the research of new technologies and integrate them into Redis Labs’ platforms.
- Manage the process of analyzing and improving the performance and stability of our codebase.
- Work closely with the VP of R&D, other R&D teams, Product Management, Support, Customer Success, and the Operations teams.
- Lead the development of new user-facing features and improve the user experience.
- 5+ years of proven track record building and managing high performing teams
- Strong leadership skills and ability to build, execute and own the team’s success and improvements
- 10+ years of programming experience—at least 5 years building full-stack, large-scale, cloud-based products
- Extensive experience with server architectural challenges
- 3+ years of experience using Java and SQL
- Experience with one of the leading MV* frameworks (AngularJS, Ember)
- Experience with multiple cloud platforms (especially AWS, GCP, Azure etc.)
- Multi-Disciplined, self-taught coder (started when you were very young) or B.Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, especially Redis.
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design, Event-Driven architecture, and Microservices patterns and tooling.
- Have participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large scale performance challenge.