Developer Advocacy Manager – Remote
We are looking for a full-time Developer Advocacy Manager to be our technical storyteller.
As a Developer Advocacy Manager you will share knowledge with other developers by crafting content (blog posts, tutorials, white papers, video projects, etc.), developing and leading workshops, as well as attending and speaking at conferences. You will be an advocate and champion for both open source Redis and Redis Enterprise. You will write visually appealing and compelling demo software that is stable, well-documented and impactful.
Our ideal candidate loves to communicate and meet new people. Listening to the needs of developers is key, as is acting as a conduit between developers and our engineering teams. Being able to explain technical material at both a high level and down to the nitty-gritty details is imperative.
If you have equal love for code and communication and want to be the first to get your hands on new software, libraries and tools, and then share how to use them with anyone that will listen, then we want you on our team.
- Be “user zero” of our software— the first person to understand and position our software, libraries and modules—then translate this experience internally for engineering, marketing and sales, as well as developers across the globe.
- Seek to understand how people are using our software, then develop content and software that furthers and extends its usage.
- Craft compelling and educational content for in-person workshops that you and others will present; you must be able to assess the effectiveness and learning outcomes of these workshops.
- Be ready and willing to travel (30-50%) to conferences and workshops, presenting and serving as a representative of our technical team.
- Work collaboratively with multiple parts of the organization to position our software and technology.
- 3-4 years of coding experience
- Experience presenting to groups
- Experience writing technical articles or blog posts
- Practical experience with one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, .NET, Node.js
- Knowledge and experience using NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with containerization
- Familiarity with git workflows
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Redis
- Full-stack development experience
- Experience with any of the following languages: C/C++, Rust, Go
- Working knowledge of AL / ML / Data Science techniques
- Operational and/or DevOps experience
- Knowledge of Kubernetes (k8s) and/or Cloud Foundry
- Understanding of search, time series and/or graph databases
We have been named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info visit: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: East Coast Based (Remote)