Deal Desk Manager
We’re looking for a customer-centric Deal Desk Manager to join our Sales Operations team. The position will report to the Director of Sales Operations and be based in our Mountain View, CA headquarters.
Acting as a “deal quarterback,” the Deal Desk Manager will orchestrate all contractual aspects of our field sales process. You will assist with providing guidance on product selection, pricing of services, constructing deal terms, and coordinating efforts between sales, procurement, legal and finance teams to ensure that deals close faster and accurately. Additionally, you will help us turn this function into a well-documented and scalable program that can expand as the business grows.
Our ideal candidate is a strong and empathetic individual that can strike a balance between providing a good customer experience and pushing towards the completion of the tasks needed to conclude a deal. You need to have a high degree of attention to detail, be comfortable with numerical complexity, and be able to use technology to optimize your efforts.
If you are passionate about next-generation technology and obsess over improving and scaling sales processes to provide better customer experiences, then this is the right challenge for you.
- Act as a key enabler of deal formation and execution with a focus on minimizing sales cycle times while optimizing revenue, profitability and/or market share based on business priorities.
- Assist with non-standard deal requests, structuring complex deals, co-terming subscriptions, and driving cross-functional and cross-solution collaboration.
- Serve as the “go-to” person when the Field Sales team needs deal support.
- Ensure that all transactions adhere to internal revenue recognition policies and operational guidelines.
- Drive best practices to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness via deal reviews, early checkpoints and enforcement of standard business practices and policies.
- Establish metrics and processes to improve business visibility and consistency of practices across regions.
- Collaborate directly with Procurement, Finance, Legal, Security, and Compliance teams.
- 3+ years of Deal Desk experience (Software Industry experience preferred)
- Experience in dealing with complex, cross-functional deal management across sales, finance/ legal, and security teams
- Extensive experience quoting deals with complex combinations of product, infrastructure, and services
- Experience understanding and influencing Field Sales behaviors
- Experience in both tactical support of deals AND long-term design of the Deal Desk program
- Experience with contract management best practices
- Clear and thoughtful verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel & Salesforce
- Experience with databases, infrastructure software, SaaS offerings
- Experience with quoting cloud infrastructure pricing (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with CPQ and QTC systems (e.g. Zuora)
- Good knowledge of ERP systems (e.g. Netsuite)
We have been named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info visit: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Mountain View, CA