Escalation/Tier 4 software Engineer
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Escalation /Tier 4 Software Engineer Team.
As a Tier 4 Escalation Engineer, you will support and develop for more than 10,000 customers of the fastest NoSQL database on earth.
As a Tier 4 Escalation Engineer, you will use your programming skills to develop features, maintain the products in production, and communicate with other support groups and customers while using customer-facing skills.
Our ideal candidate is a strong individual with good communication skills, experience in large-scale applications—both back-end and front-end who has faced scalability, stability, network and performance challenges. You are a quick learner, always eager to learn and improve.
If you’re “all that,” fun to work with and want to make an impact while contributing to a wildly successful startup, then this is the right challenge for you.
If you are passionate about technology and a desire to provide the best solution possible, giving customers the best onboarding process, then this is the right challenge for you.
- Establish a deep knowledge of the Redis Labs code and make code fixes when needed.
- Debug, maintain and improve the Redis Labs Cluster infrastructure, enhancing its ability to handle thousands of databases with millions of requests per second.
- Be the voice of our customers and Product, DevOps, Support, Customer Success, and other R&D teams.
- Handle customer escalations sufficiently while minimizing the “noise” for other R&D teams.
- 8+ years of hands-on backend development experience working on a large-scale production-grade system
- Excellent coding skills with a good understanding of large-scale architecture and design patterns
- Experience with cloud-based products, containerization technologies and operating systems (specifically Linux)
- Self-direction, ambition and an eagerness to learn new things
- Experience with customer-facing support with development requirements
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems – BIG Advantage
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Deep understanding of orchestration technologies like Kubernetes & Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience with Python / C / C++ / Go
- Experience with web development tools like Angular and Node-JS