Curriculum Software Engineer
We’re looking for an engineer interested in helping us build the best database education program on the planet.
Our ideal candidate is a software developer who also loves to teach. You’ve built some non-trivial database-backed applications. But you also have a passion for explaining technical concepts in just the right way.
At Redis Labs, we believe that education is a creative engineering function. So in this role, you’ll get to leverage both sides of your brain. You’ll design courses to help people get the most out of Redis. You’ll further engineer and improve our education platform. You’ll also become a veritable Redis expert.
This is a unique role because it combines teaching and software engineering. When applying, please let us know in a few words why you’d be a good fit. Polymath developer? Technology geek? Hacker who loves to speak and write? If any of these descriptions fits, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Build course content: scripts, sample code, labs, quizzes, and homework.
- Develop sample applications using a variety of programming languages.
- Learn about new product features and teaching methods, collaborating with the Redis Labs engineering team to create accurate, engaging, in-depth educational material.
- Extend our Open edX platform to support new course requirements and to enhance student learning.
- Present the courses you develop on camera.
- Maintain existing Redis University courses.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience in a software or technology-related field. Aptitude and attitude are more important than credentials.
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, developing curriculum, public speaking, or writing
- Experience using a SQL or NoSQL database in production. Knowledge of Redis is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with of one or more development frameworks (e.g., Spring, Django, Tornado, Gin, Node.js, etc.)
- Calm, friendly, and deliberate presentational skills — you’ll be an on-screen presenter!
- Excellent engineering skills to manage complex production schedules and their dependencies
- Must be in our Mountain View office five days a week
We have been named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info visit: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Mountain View, CA