We are looking for an Engineer who is committed to building the best education program for other engineers.
You will be responsible for investigating new technology and product features in order to understand how to build compelling course content for fellow developers—not only the core technical concepts, but best practices, optimizations and other “coding-fu”. You understand what resonates and interests your peers better than they do!
Our ideal candidate is a practitioner who loves to build and develop new code, features and applications. You probably contribute to one or more open-source projects in your spare time. Perhaps you developed a love of mentoring and coaching while serving as a Teaching Assistant in college?
If you’re passionate about building the best education content for a global developer community, then this is the challenge for you!
- Research new technologies, products, features and teaching methods, collaborating with Engineering teams to create accurate and in-depth content
- Build course content: scripts, sample code & application, labs, quizzes and homework
- Develop sample applications and frameworks
- Extend our Open edX platform as required to support new course requirements
- On screen talent; you will be presenting the course you develop
- Maintain existing course content from the Redis University library
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
- Fluent with two or more languages (e.g. Python, Java, C#, Node.js, Go, Rust etc.)
- Experience with two or more development frameworks (e.g. Spring, Django, Tornado, Gin etc.)
- Calm, comfortable and deliberate presentational skills—you will be the talking head for video content!
- Great organizational skills with which to manage complex production schedules and dependencies
- Must be in our Mountain View office five days a week
- In-depth Redis expertise
- Contributing to one or more open-source projects
- Held a role as a Developer Advocate
We have been named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info visit: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Mountain View, CA