Senior Course Instruction Engineer
Redis Labs is looking for an experienced software professional interested in building and teaching courses on Redis, the world’s most-loved database.
You’ll be involved in course creation and the delivery of instructor-led training to Redis customers worldwide. You’ll play a pivotal role in teaching our customers, partners, and prospects how to get the most from Redis and Redis Enterprise. You’ll be coding example applications, building out the architecture for various Redis use cases. You’ll also become a serious Redis expert.
Our ideal candidate has deep technical skills and the ability to teach, mentor, and engage technologists. Perhaps you’ve worked as a software engineer, solutions architect, or developer advocate. But you also have the creativity and background to effectively teach technology in the classroom.
As an early hire, you’ll have significant autonomy and will help shape our delivery of our classroom-based teaching. This is an amazing role for anyone who wants to combine hard technical skills with strong communication abilities. If this sounds like you, please drop us a line!
- Create compelling courses to teach Redis and Redis Enterprise in the classroom.
- Build robust example applications, taking advantage of all the ways in which Redis can be deployed and utilized.
- Be an in-class instructor to our customers around the globe.
- Learn about new product features and teaching methods, collaborating with the Redis Labs engineering team to create accurate, engaging, in-depth educational material.
- Work with the field organization and our customers to tailor content as required.
- Engineer the tooling and frameworks to support course delivery.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience in a software or technology-related field. Aptitude and attitude are more important than credentials.
- Experience in any of the following: teaching, classroom management, mentoring, curriculum development, public speaking, or writing
- Excellent technical communication abilities
- Experience using a SQL or NoSQL database in production. Knowledge of Redis is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with of one or more development frameworks (e.g., Spring, Django, Tornado, Gin, Node.js, etc.)
- Meticulous time management and organizational skills
- On-site in Mountain View, CA, with the ability to travel 2-3 weeks per month
We have been named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info visit: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Mountain View, CA