Corporate Counsel – Licensing and Services
We are looking for a full-time commercial counsel to work from our headquarters in Mountain View, CA or Austin, TX.
As Corporate Counsel, you will join a small but expanding legal team and report to our Head of Global Legal. You will be responsible for providing transactional support to our Sales team and negotiating complex agreements with our most strategic global customers and channel partners while ensuring compliance with global and local laws and regulations.
Our ideal candidate is a strong individual who can demonstrate extensive expertise in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a broad range of enterprise cloud and on-prem software licensing and services agreements with customers across multiple verticals, industries, and jurisdictions primarily in the Americas. You must have high integrity; good judgment; superior written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to operate in a fast-paced, startup environment.
If you are a highly skilled negotiator with sound practical business judgment and the ability to provide business-oriented, practical negotiation support to close deals, then this is the right challenge for you!
- Negotiate, review, draft, structure, and finalize licensing and services agreements, primarily with our customers and partner, and secondarily with our vendors.
- Work with a variety of Redis Labs and customer-form contracts, including NDAs, Master Subscription Agreements (SaaS and on-prem), professional services agreements and SOW’s; assist with RFP responses and miscellaneous agreements.
- Collaborate with executive management, Sales, Finance, Security, Compliance, and Product teams to manage risk and ensure our business practices and needs are reflected accurately in the agreements.
- Contribute to standard form agreements and contract processes to support global scaling efforts.
- Ensure compliance with and help develop policies and procedures for U.S. and international laws and regulations.
- As appropriate, work with internal and external counsel on areas of law and regulation that impact the business.
- Minimum six years of experience including in-house and negotiating complex SaaS and on-prem software licensing agreements.
- JD/LLM and bar admission.
- Demonstrated ability to pragmatically balance risk and reward to achieve business outcomes.
- Ability to understand, evaluate, synthesize, and explain novel and complex licensing issues, business models and contracting approaches, then present them to others in a clear and concise manner.
- Solid understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements applicable to enterprise customers in various industries.
- A detail-oriented and diligent mindset with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with GDPR; EU Standard Contract Clauses and data protection-privacy across various jurisdictions; HIPAA; FINRA; FARCS and other compliance regimes.
Would you like to work for the startup with the world’s most loved database software? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where your contributions have a significant, direct impact? Do you have the experience and discipline to make decisions with limited oversight? Then talk with us!
We have been named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info visit: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Mountain View, CA / Austin, TX