As a Consulting Engineer at Redis Labs you will engage in these challenging situations to provide thought leadership, development expertise and engineering guidance.
Those that thrive in this role have a passion for engineering large-scale solutions, solving challenging problems and continuous education in the latest technical architecture and development patterns. Our customers are building high performance, mission critical and massively scalable solutions that depend significantly on Redis and Redis Labs products.
The Consulting Engineer is a billable role for Redis Labs; customers will purchase service time to take advantage of your expertise. However, the role will not be measured by traditional consulting metrics (e.g. time spent)–our focus is on successful customer deployment of production systems.
- Develop an expertise in Redis, Redis Labs and Redis Modules to act as a subject matter expert with our customers
- Engage remotely and on-site with your clients’ engineering teams
- Provide your clients with inspiration, best-practices, training and engineering guidance for their projects
- Work with customers to assist in the development and engineering of their solutions, which can include delivering code
- Function as a broader guru in highly scalable and highly performant solution development and designs
- Minimum five years of either software development or technical consulting
- Demonstrable comfort with at least one programming language
- Experience with NoSQL technologies directly or through prior solution development
- Comfortable with Linux system tuning and administration
- Comfortable traveling 50% of the time within the U.S. and possibly Europe
- Prior hands-on experience with design, development, or deployment of a large-scale solution is a plus
Location: San Francisco- Bay Area