Developer Community Manager
We are looking for a full-time Community Manager to help us help the Redis community build out the instant economy.
Redis has been voted “Most Loved Database” 3 years in a row on Stack Overflow. As Community Manager you will be responsible for identifying the most innovative and influential Redis users; helping to promote their blog posts and other content; and engaging them with Redis Labs-led programs to help our community continue to thrive.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate individual who loves to work with the developer community. You are organized and have experience managing programs. You enjoy meeting, communicating and networking with new people. And you fully understand that our success tomorrow is contingent upon their success today.
If you are passionate about the tech community, you think there is no higher calling than helping people help each other, and you are ready to run programs to scale these efforts, then this is the right challenge for you.
- Catalyze conversation and make connections within the Redis community.
- Connect community members to new database features and new opportunities.
- Manage a large group of community members who run Redis user groups worldwide.
- Plan, coordinate and execute online community events (chats, hangouts, etc.).
- Manage community activities for Redis leaders at RedisConf, Redis Day and other related events.
- Manage program budgets, vendor relationships and the tracking and reporting of program goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people in-person, online and from all cultures
- One year of programming experience, or an aptitude for learning technology
- Three years of community or volunteer management with developers or devops professionals
- Experience with event management
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Data-driven decision making
- Proactive approach to solving inefficiencies
- Ability to maintain a positive, proactive, problem-solving attitude
- Some experience with NoSQL, Cloud Computing or Web APIs
- Familiarity with tools that gather community metrics
- Ability to present complex solutions in a clear and convincing way
- Enjoy learning new thing
Redis Labs has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info visit: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodation are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Mountain View, CA/ Austin, TX