As a cluster architect, you will be responsible for our cluster technology and building our future architecture, to be used by thousands of SaaS and On-premise customers.
- Work closely with Chief Architect and CTO, defining the next-generation technologies, products and solutions of Redis Labs.
- Contribute to open-source Redis and other open-source projects.
- Provide an effective strategy for researching and vetting new technologies
- Participate and contribute to our company’s architectural discussions
- Participate as a hands-on senior developer throughout the entire development process.
- Be a go-to person for complex activities estimations.
- “PC Geek” (i.e. you started coding when you were very young) or have a B.Sc. in Computer Science / Software Engineering
- At least ten years of experience using C / Python / Java / C++
- Extensive experience (at least five years) in software development over the Linux operating system
- Knowledge of large-scale application architecture
- Experience with TCP/IP and networking
- A passion to push technological boundaries
- Self-direction, ambition, and innovation
- The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a team
- Participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large-scale performance challenge
- Experience with containers / orchestration solutions (Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, Bosh)
- An understanding of cloud-based solutions (AWS, Google, Azure, Softlayer, etc.)
- Experience developing and using Redis or other NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, CouchBase and Cassandra