Cloud Operations Engineer- Mountain View, CA
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Cloud Operations Engineer who is excited about hard work and getting great results.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will participate in the operation of a large scale, state-of-the-art automated product lifecycle: building, deploying, testing and production rollout. You will also participate in the creation and management of a busy production environment in all major cloud providers.
If you are a strong individual that loves working on large-scale systems, supporting customers, paying particular attention to details and working with different departments across the organization, then this is the right challenge for you.
- Maintain, manage and support the production systems, processes and engineering infrastructure.
- Work closely with the engineering team to deliver ongoing releases and updates.
- Automate and integrate complex processes.
- Maintain application and complicated infrastructure components.
- Help bridge the gap between R&D and OPS.
- Work the occasional weekend on-call shift..
- At least five years of experience in IT / DevOps / Integration / Sys Admin
- Hands on experience working with Linux flavors
- A background in Shell/Python scripting
- Experience with automation tools (e.g. Chef and Puppet)
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Zabbix, Nagios)
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, including 24/7 availability
- Familiarity with networking and FW technology
- A good “team player” attitude
- Familiarity with CI tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiarity with public cloud infrastructure in general, and AWS in particular
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Redis Labs will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
We have been named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info visit: https://redislabs.com/
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
To ensure reasonable accommodations are provided to individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (415)930-9666 for assistance.
Location: Mountain View, CA