Redis Labs is looking for a top-notch Automation Architect to lead the company’s testing efforts to ensure the quality of the fastest NoSQL cluster on earth, supporting over tens of millions of ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability.
You will mentor and lead the entire R&D department in building and deploying automated testing tools and solutions supporting over 300,000 databases running on our service, providing solutions to the world’s largest companies.
The successful candidate is a very experienced architect that has strong skills and experience in leading the design and implementation of distributed automated test systems, has worked in a Linux environment, and is able to approach complex problems creatively and with an open mind.
If you are passionate about technology and would love to join an exciting, tech-savvy, fast-growing international organization that offers a creative environment with many opportunities for personal and professional growth, then this is the right challenge for you.
We’re Redis Labs, the home of the open-source Redis database platform and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in NoSQL, in-memory databases with more than 7,400 enterprise customers around the world, we’re growing fast—we’ve raised more than $146 million in funding and are growing our staff across our offices in Mountain View, Calif.; London; Tel Aviv; and Austin, Texas. In the past year alone, Redis Labs has been named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 EMEA, earned a spot on Dun & Bradstreet’s 10 Best Startups to Work for in Israel, and been ranked one of the healthiest employers in the Bay Area.
- Craft with a long-term strategy and roadmap for how we do automated testing across the R&D, including dev teams, QA, and automation teams.
- Help devise a practical plan to reduce technical debt and gaps in existing automation infrastructure and flows
- Lead the process, along with other R&D teams, to execute the above initiatives
- Define and implement test automation strategies including roadmap, tools, framework, and approach across all R&D teams
- Help define KPI metrics for automation
- Work closely with R&D management and the architects team, defining the next-generation technologies, products, and solutions of Redis Labs
- Provide technical leadership to the automation team
- Deliver an effective strategy for researching and vetting new technologies
- Act as a hands-on senior developer throughout the entire development process
- Be a go-to person for complex activity estimations
- Help in recruiting automation developers
- Multi-disciplinary “PC Kid” (started when you were a kid) or a B.Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 10 or more years of experience with programming
- 5 or more years of experience with automation and automation infrastructure development and tools
- Updated knowledge of automated testing industry best practices and trends
- Experienced in formulating test strategies
- Good understanding of cloud computing, operating systems (especially Linux), and networking
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms – AWS, GCP, Azure
- Self-direction, ambition, and innovation
- The ability to mentor and collaborate effectively with a team
- Knowledge with TestCafe, Pytest, Docker Compose or similar tools
- Knowledge with Test Driven Development and other methodologies
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry / K8s
- Participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large-scale performance challenge